TWO YEAR PLANT GUARANTEE!
Bonide will guarantee the life of your ornamental tree or shrub for up to 2 years from the date of purchase!
Follow the Smith’s Gardentown planting instructions, as well as these helpful tips:
- Pick an appropriate place to plant by following the instructions on the plant tag.
- Dig a hole 2 times the size of the root ball, mix with existing soil and Smith’s recommended soil.
- Apply Bonide’s Root & Grow over the soil as the roots are being covered with new soil.
- For trees and large shrubs-Use 1 gallon of diluted Root & Grow (3.5 tsp. per pint of water).
- For small shrubs and ornamentals-Use 1-3 pints of diluted Root & Grow (1 1/3 tsp. per pint of water).
- After planting, wet soil around plant with water.
- Keep the soil evenly moist throughout the entire growing season by watering when necessary. You can test to see if you need water by sticking your finger about an inch into the soil near the base of the plant. It should be detectably moist. If not, then it is time to water.
- Use Root & Grow every 4 weeks after planting.
- Purchase any ornamental tree, shrub, fruit tree or rose bush.
- Buy and use Bonide Root & Grow.
- Buy the appropriate amount of Smith’s Gardentown recommended soil amendment.
- Follow the rooting/planting care guide.
NOTICE: Root & Grow, soil and plants purchased must all be on the same original receipt, along with a photo of the dead plant(s). This guarantee covers up to $200 per plant (only). Planting and re-planting costs are not covered. This guarantee does not apply to commercial applicators or landscapers.
Once approved, Bonide will send you a store certificate worth up to $200 per plant! See Smith’s Gardentown for submitting a claim. All plants must be planting zone appropriate to be covered by this guarantee.